Background

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Meredith's 30th Birthday

For my 30th birthday Jeremiah and I were planning on taking a trip to North or South Carolina.  I've always wanted to go to the Outer Banks and Charleston.  I've fantasized about that area from reading too many Nicholas Sparks books.  However, about a month ago, something strange happened.  I became very pregnant.  All the sudden simple walking began to take the same toll marathon running does on the legs.  My tailbone didn't feel too hot either.  The idea of spending money to take a dream vacation and being miserable the whole time was not too appealing.  So we let the idea go, and I began to look forward to a simple relaxing summer!

The weekend before my birthday rolled around and Jeremiah told me to be home right after school on Friday.  I didn't ask why and looked forward to the surprise.  When I walked in the door, he told me to finish packing my bag.  We were going somewhere for the night!  I finished getting ready and we dropped Miles off at Chris and Jonathan's for a sleep over with Boudreaux.

At this moment I still didn't know where we were going.  We got in the car and drove Northwest of Fort Worth.  That still didn't give me much of a clue!  Pretty soon we arrived at a cute little Bed and Breakfast on a ranch.



 The room was decorated for my birthday.  The balloon on the right just couldn't wait for me to be there.
 We took walks on the property and just had a quiet evening.  This tree strangely had eyes and lips.  We thought it was our ticket oak!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srT4hqYTYz4 
 "I love you, Ticket Oak."  "Er.....I love you too, Jeremiah."
 There was a great hammock to relax in.
Thanks for a fun surprise birthday getaway, Babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment