Background

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Peach Cupcakes!

Now that summer is here I get to attack the "Fun" To Do list.  For months I've been crossing things off of the "Have To" To Do List, but now I have time (and energy) to devote to the things I've been wanting to do.  I told Jeremiah that this is going to be the best summer ever.  In the past it has been hard for me to be at home all day and evening and sometimes not see another person on days here and there.  Now I get to be home all day and Jeremiah comes home to be with me every night!  Just another blessing of marriage.. so fun to get to see him everyday.

I finished up with school last Monday, but I spent the rest of the week with some awesome fourth graders at Kids Kamp at Christ Chapel.  It was a great experience and I'm glad I got to help serve those kiddos, but I'm glad it came before the 100 degree heat of this week.  Yesterday, I decided to go for a walk, visit the library to begin my summer reading, and make peach cupcakes!

Something about peaches lately has really got me.  I love them and can't seem to get enough!  I found a recipe on Pinterest for peach cupcakes with peach cream cheese icing and immediately gathered the stuff for a culinary creation. 
http://weekofmenus.blogspot.com/2011/07/peach-cupcakes-with-peach-cream-cheese.html

 First I had to find two bags of freeze dried peaches like these at Target.
 Mix together dry ingredients.
 Mix together peach puree and buttermilk.
 Blend butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Finally combine all of them together.
 Viola!  Yummy, warm peach cupcakes!
 The perfect summer treat.  I had to deliver some to Chris and Jonathan last night so I wouldn't eat them all.  Leah and Tyler and Jen and Cody will get some today :)


1 comment: