Background

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails....

That's what little boys are made of!  Last week we finally found out the gender of our baby.  We were blessed to have a friend who is a nurse at Arlington Pregnancy Center.  Our doctor wouldn't do a sonogram before 20 weeks, and we were willing to wait.  But, Mer (our nurse friend) offered to do the sonogram at 17 weeks!  We excitedly accepted her offer.  That morning I woke up so excited that I made "B" and "G" pancakes.

 

Add caption

Here you can see a sweet little arm and leg.










...And a tiny foot!











This was our first glimpse at BOY!  The bubble looking things to the left are part of the cord.  On the left you see bottom and legs.

Another view of bottom, legs, and boy parts :)











Looking down....










Same view.








When Mer said she thought it was a boy, Jeremiah was so excited!  He threw his arms up in the air and everything.  I have to admit I was a bit surprised.  I thought all along that I was carrying a girl!  So much for "mother's intuition!"  We got to watch him move around for 45 minutes.  It was so exciting and seemed to finally feel very real.  I feel him kick every night now.  He is definitely Jeremiah's child because he is wide awake every late afternoon and into the evening. 

Later that evening we went to eat at Panda Express (our fav fast food Chinese).  We always enjoy opening the fortune cookies to see what they say.  Our "fortunes" that night were very true :)  The first was mine and the second was his:

 Since I thought he was going to be a girl, I really had to accept a lot of things I hadn't thought of.  My horizons will be broadened!

And finally, Jeremiah's dreams of glamor and luxury from having a boy pro-athlete will come true :)

No comments:

Post a Comment