Background

Friday, July 13, 2012

Making My Own Stationery

I love monogrammed and personalized stationery.  I often walk in the the paper stores in Fort Worth just to walk around and touch all of the pretty paper.  Unfortunately, by the time you purchase the stationary and order the personalization you are usually up to a fairly high price.  But I discovered when planning my wedding that with a good printer, full ink cartridges, and some pretty paper, I could create some cool stuff!  I had some leftover blank RSVP cards from the wedding that I kept for a special occasion... like a baby!  Earlier this week I tried to design my own thank yous for Baby Bastian's precious gifts.  These were the kind of cards I bought at Michael's or Target.  Or Hobby Lobby.  I can't remember where.

Pearl Ivory Border All Purpose Cards
http://www.gartnerstudios.com/shop/pearl-ivory-border-all-purpose-cards-carte-de-reponse-d-un-bord-en-ivoire-perle.html

Then I got online at www.gartnerstudios.com and downloaded a simple template in Microsoft Word that fit the cards.  I played with different designs, fonts, and images in Word and viola!  Look at this!


I'm no graphic designer or anything, but I was pleased with the results.  And I did it all in comfort of my own home with the help of my creative partner, Maximus.  He suggested the giraffes.


No comments:

Post a Comment